Saturday, September 15, 2012

Little Big Squee Fest

While I was away for the summer, Beasty picked up a copy of Little Big Planet 2.  If you don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about, you may go this way and educate yourself.  Now, I wasn't all that familiar with the game and while I thought it was cute enough it didn't really excite me in concept.  I also have never played the first Little Big Planet, so I didn't have franchise attachment.  After seeing Beasty play a level, it looked cute enough to make me want to give it a try when I had the time.

A day or so later the wee-est of the demons, my little Empress-in-Training, decided to pick up the controller and give the game a try.  She likes video games well enough, but frequently gets frustrated, so I was impressed and proud of her when she made it past the final boss of the first world with a little help from Beasty and continued on to the second.  I was sitting at the computer at the time, not really paying attention to what was on the TV, when my interest was hooked by the soundtrack.  Looking up, I very nearly squee'd with delight.  The guardian of the second world is Victoria Von Bathysphere, and hers is a decadently Victorian land of cakes and trifles and jams and tea, spread heavily with a layer of Steampunk.

Zip-lining past obstacles with a cupcake anchor over rivers of jam.

I would like my own private pastry-themed train.

I imagine these stacked cakes to be light and crumbly.

Oh no!  A lake of molten jam!  It's death by deliciousness!
Many thanks to the lovely PS3 users who posted their screen shots on the internet for me to exploit.  It is now my driving desire to throw a tea party based on the levels of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment