Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallow's Tide

Today is the day, my minions.  The moment that the month has been leading up to.  The culmination of thirty days (and more) of anticipation!  It all comes together in this one night!  Well, okay, the festivities for me began over the weekend.

I had a little costume project, to dress up every day for the week leading up to Halloween, but that didn't end up happening.  Instead, I started Friday, though admittedly Friday's effort consisted of black and purple clothing with a plethora of spider accessories.  Including an adorable jeweled spider headband that I found in Pier One of all places.  Saturday during the day wasn't as festive, largely because my hair was in pin curls all day in anticipation of the evening's events.  Still, one must put in at least a little effort.  Specifically in the form of eyeball earrings.

Speaking of that evening - after agonizing over what event to go to, we finally decided on Seduction, the party hosted by the lovelies at the Seattle Erotic Art Festival (which, if you are able come May, you should most certainly go check out).  It was at Fremont Studios, which is a delightful venue and quite spacious.  When SEAF moved from the Seattle Center to Fremont Studios, I could not have been happier.

The place was fantastically decorated, and the music was pretty good.  I had only one small issue with the music, but this is an issue I've had with Seattle DJs in general.  I understand keeping the tempo easy early in the evening, but once you hit about 10pm or so, particularly if you already have a good crowd, you need to start picking it up.  I don't care if it's your favorite mix, I can't dance to it, and this room is set up as a dance floor, not a lounge.  Anyway, pacing aside, the music was good.  And the costumes!  Oh, I cannot tell you how gratifying it was to see so many good costumes that you knew involved a great deal of effort.  I wish I had brought my camera.

Speaking of costumes, I myself ended up reprising my wedding ensemble with more dramatic make-up and a few fun accessories.  We had costumes all planned out, and then realized somewhat late in the game that our costumes were a little too casual for the event we were planning to attend.

Sunday was spent in preparation for the 31st.  Believe me, that kept Sunday quite busy.

And with that, I'm off to experience the day's delightful deviousness!  If I do anything of great note, and remember to have a camera on me, I may have an extra journal entry regarding it.  But not to leave you empty handed, here is the photo booth image from Saturday night.

Happy Halloween, my minions!

No comments:

Post a Comment